Discover Cross Creek
We’re excited to have you consider Cross Creek Church as the place you want to belong. Our membership class, Discover Cross Creek, is the place to go to hear more about our church, our statement of beliefs, and our strategy for fulfilling our mission. Each class happens after our second service and we provide lunch and child care. Visit our Events page to find the date of our next class.
- Obedience to Leadership: Hebrews 13:17 states that Christians are to “obey your leaders and submit to them, for they are watching over your souls, as those who will have to give an account.” If there is no membership, which leaders should a Christian submit to? We believe that membership provides the direction for which leaders members should submit to and why.
- Leadership Oversight: Acts 20:28 says to church elders, “Pay careful attention to yourselves and to all the flock, in which the Holy Spirit has made you overseers, to care for the church of God, which he obtained with his own blood.” If there is no membership, for whom will the elders give an account? We believe that membership defines the scope of authority and accountability for local church leaders.
- Outside/Inside the Church: 1 Corinthians 5:12-13 states that Christians are not to judge the morality of those outside the church, but rather are to judge those inside the church and remove unrepentant immoral members from fellowship if needed. We believe that membership provides a proper context for making decisions about members’ conduct and character,
- Care and Correction: Matthew 18:15-17 states that when a brother sins against you and does not listen or respond even after multiple witnesses address his fault, you are to involve the church. We believe that membership provides a clear process and path for care, correction, and restoration.
Membership at Cross Creek Church is viewed as an active participation, not just an addition to our roster. Because of this, we want to help you make a solid connection to the life and family of the Church. During our Discover Cross Creek class, we walk through each of the membership requirements with you and see where you may need help plugging in. Attending our membership class must be completed before you can be considered for membership. Below are listed the other steps in our membership process.
1. Attend the Discover Cross Creek Class.
2. Complete our Membership Information Page (given out at Discover Cross Creek).
3. Sign our Membership Covenant (reviewed at Discover Cross Creek).
4. Meet with one of our pastors to share your testimony and review the membership requirements.
5. Be presented publicly to our church family during one of our Sunday Services.
“Having received Christ as my Lord and Savior and been biblically baptized and being in agreement with Cross Creek’s stance on Salvation, the Statement of Faith, and Strategy, I now feel led by the Holy Spirit to unite with the Cross Creek Church family. In doing so, I commit myself to God and to the other members that I will…”
- Protect the Unity of Cross Creek Church
- By acting in love toward others. (Romans 12:16)
- By refusing to gossip. (Ephesians 4:29)
- By following the leadership. (Hebrews 13:17)
- Share in the Responsibility of Cross Creek Church
- By praying for its growth. (1 Thessalonians 1:2)
- By inviting the un-churched to attend. (Luke 14:23)
- By warmly welcoming those in attendance. (Romans 5:7)
- Serve the Ministry of Cross Creek Church
- By discovering my spiritual gifts and talents. (1 Peter 4:10)
- By being equipped to serve by our pastors. (Ephesians 4:11-12)
- By developing a servant’s heart. (Philippians 2:3-4, 7)
- Support the Ministry of Cross Creek Church
- By attending faithfully. (Hebrews 10:25)
- By living a godly life. (Philippians 1:27)
- By giving regularly. (Leviticus 27:30, 1 Corinthians 16:2)
Baptism isn’t required for salvation, but is the first step of faith for believers. The baptismal waters don’t save anyone. It’s Jesus that does that. Baptism is a picture of the work that Jesus has done in a person’s heart.
Baptism is specifically intended for those who have professed faith in Jesus Christ and can give sufficient testimony to the basics of Christian beliefs. We baptize by immersion because it is not only the original significance of the word but also best symbolizes the reality to which baptism points—our death and resurrection in Christ.
If you have not been baptized following salvation, we ask you to take this step during one of our Going Public services before becoming a member. To help prepare you, we offer a Baptism Class. The class covers the biblical significance of baptism, frequently asked questions and allows you to record your testimony that will be shared during the Going Public service. Check out our Events page to find out when our next class will be.